Welcome to the 2020 National Conference.
The History Teachers Association of Australia, supported by the History Teachers Association of Western Australia are proud to present the National History Teachers Conference in Perth, September 30th- 2nd October 2020.
This leading event in History education will include:
- over 60 sessions with presenters from across Australia sharing their expertise in primary, lower school and senior secondary History Education.
- Sessions supporting History and HASS teachers to develop their skills and content knowledge.
- Workshops targeting student engagement in HASS/ History, literacy development, gifted education, technology in a History classroom and many other sessions aimed specifically for an Australian classroom.
- Interesting and engaging keynote speakers.
- Social events aimed at improving networks and building an Australia wide community of History educators.
- An extensive array of leading exhibitors.
- Practical, innovative and interesting ideas for your classroom.
- Beautiful, central location of Trinity College.
We look forward to you joining us for something a little bit different!
About the Conference
The History Teachers’ Association of Western Australia is a voluntary non-profit which promotes the teaching and learning of history through:
- Professional learning for primary and secondary teachers
- Resources for the teaching of the Western
- Australian Curriculum and WACE
- Support for teachers new to History
- WACE student seminars
- Student competitions